Saturday, March 8, 2014

A Walk in the Park



"I am great sun but you do not see me.
I am your husband but you turn away.
I am the captive but you do not free me.
I am the captain but you do not obey.
I am the truth but you do not believe me.
I am that city where you will not stay.
I am your wife, your child but you will leave me.
I am that god to whom you will not pray.
I am your council but you do not hear me.
I am your lover whom you will slay.
I am the victor but you do not cheer me.
I am the holy dove that you will slay.
I am your life, but if you will not name me seal up your soul's tears and do not blame me." ~ from a 16th century inscription.

My job and my joy is to simply be myself. So why isn't this a walk in the park? Who better to know how to do this than me? No special training is required. Nothing need be bought or sold to achieve "Lani-ness" because I came complete, whole and perfect. And I will go out that way too... funny thing is this is true whether I recognize it or not. 

What has to happen to allow fresh, pure, and unencumbered Lani molecules to collect and disseminate with ease and grace?

Full throttle love. Full throttle trust. And full throttle imagination of what life could be like at it's best. When I allow these things it is a walk in the park to just be.

At this point I believe my job and my joy then changes. I believe my job and my joy then becomes dissolving into all that is... definitely NOT a walk in the park! I've got some work to do. 

What work do you have in front of you?

Tag You're It!

1 comment:

  1. Aloha!! I really appreciate your writings. I wanted to tell you that I got an idea to teach a class based on the one you did "Nothing Prepared Me For This" thank you for that one too!

    ReplyDelete