Friday, March 28, 2014

Transported by Joy



The sun is shining and the cool winds of a burgeoning spring are blowing thru my hair. I am driving home after a great day of doing what I love. I am joy. 

Time is stopped as a wonderful feeling surges from within. Then I see the break lights. But there is no thing that can come between me and pure joy... if I am Joy.  Not even this road with its many apartments which have many children who are all falling forward off the school bus as it seems to stop every 40 to 50 feet. 

Yes, time is stopped. And now my car is stopped. But I keep zooming forward. Suddenly I am transported. I am on NC 210 approaching the bridge that connects the mainland to the island. This metal swing bridge is my way into Surf City on Topsail Island, North Carolina. We are stopped because the bridge is slowly swinging toward perpendicular to let a boat sail from the ocean into the bay.

Surf City is where I enjoy waking at 6 am to help the sun rise; where I joyously host friends and family with great food, games and music; and where days unevenly stretch, lean and fade... much to everyone's delight.

It is here - in this would-be traffic jam - I transition to timelessness. The only thing moving is a warm, sweet and salty breeze but I do not care. I am on the edge just before all heaven breaks loose. Today I humbly acknowledge a break in the fabric of time and space because right NOW I am at longitude 34.4697° N and latitude 77.4719° W. 

Did I say latitude… should have said attitude… @Topsail_Island.calm!

Have you ever been transported by Joy?

Tag You're It!

No comments:

Post a Comment