Saturday, December 28, 2013

Humility


"To find the balance you want, this is what you must become. You must keep your feet grounded so firmly on the earth that it's like you have 4 legs instead of 2. That way, you can stay in the world. But you must stop looking at the world through your head. You must look through your heart, instead. That way, you will know God.
~Elizabeth Gilbert


 

Humbly I go forward into the New Year. I take with me all the lessons of the past, but none of the burdens. 

Awakened and rested, my condition is mint. I declare myself seasoned rightly and ready to move ahead.

Preparing supper last night as the microwave beeped the LED display flashed and read "END." Naturally I respond. Yes, I do talk to my appliances. It is really OK...as long as they do not respond. Glancing up I ask, "Why is it not the beginning?" 

Perched mindfully, as if from above, I looked back at the great divide in my life. A life so efficiently chopped in 2 uneven pieces by death.

Yearning for a new starting point, I am harmonious with the approaching New Year. I am hungry for a feast. A feast that is appropriate to the famine of the past 18 months. A feast that feeds more than just myself. Serving more than myself I can move from sorrow toward joy.

 

Now is the time to exhibit our full stretched feathers and our widely expanded pumped out chests.

Even if we do not entirely believe in our words right now, let us write our intentions down. If our belief is not strong - we can swallow it later. Intention is a word cocktail which makes the elixir of our next great self possible! 

When I was younger there was no awareness. I ate well and good at life's table. Never taking a single moment to digest what nourished or robbed me of nutrients.

 

Yes, now with some thought I see the recipe of my Life marinated in time. The strength of my roux is most deep and complex. From it all possibilities are Divine.

Eventually... I know Doubt and Fear will re-enter the mix. But today I recognize these pungent ingredients contain within them my true aspirations. These shadows are gifts to be overcome. and once overcome - our greatest dreams can be forged.* 

Add equal parts Truth and Forgiveness and Self-Love.**  This is a recipe for healing. And now the feast can begin. Bon Appetite!

Rejoice and reclaim the ALL that is our birthright. As we nourish and care for ourselves we become so full that to serve others is the natural way of things. I cannot think of a better thought with which to begin a new year!

 

What will you leave behind or reclaim?

 

Tag You're It!


* The War of Art by Steven Pressfield.
**Page 178,  The Mastery of Love by Don Miguel Ruiz.

No comments:

Post a Comment