Sunday, December 8, 2013

Happy Holidays?



The holidays are a time that gets lots of traffic at the Feeling Depot. When you are grieving it feels like there is a train that leaves every hour. I am working very hard to not leave the station and just let the trains come and go as they must. Keeping grounded this way moves things about inside me in a very good way. 

Don't get me wrong, it is hard and painful work, but letting my emotions move through me without going for a ride is extremely satisfying. It is truly worth all the angst and the tears. I am sure I am making room for more love in my life.

Insights and opportunities are abundant as I stay put, mindfully seated in Grand Central Station. These are the rich rewards for keeping inwardly focused and not allowing myself to be carried away.

"All Aboard!" There's that horrible man again as another train is about to leave the station. I am tempted to board, but choose to stay centered. I feel it leave without me. Oh yes - that feels great. It is gone and I-am-still-here. Yum!

Why do I stay at the station? Why don't I go venture beyond the Feeling Depot? Not sure yet. Perhaps I have lots to learn here, right where I am. 

This is not a small thing. Let me say it again… "there are many things to learn right here where I am." Recognizing this - my place - and my part in it is a gift. This is my Peace.

Where do you find Peace this holiday season?


Tag You're It!

No comments:

Post a Comment