Monday, May 25, 2015

Magic Words



"Sometimes I need to go where you can hear 
a screen door shut." ~ anonymous


Immediately these words conjure up calm, innocence and wonder. They take me to a place of watchful mothers calling out to children lost in the sky. I am laying down in warm sundrenched dandelion fields, all but two knee tops invisible to the horizon in my mother's eyes.

Here the grassy air is slow moving like a ladybug on the shoulder of my shirt. And after moving her to my hand I am content to be still and become seven-happy-black-dots on a red-orange bump

until

she
decides 

to fly away.

Within this sacred still space, in an instant, I feel endless amounts of Grace, Joy & Love. I can go to where I hear a screen door shut in my life at this moment anytime IF I choose it.


And I can stay there until I decide to fly away.


What are your magic words?

Tag You're It!  

No comments:

Post a Comment