Friday, July 11, 2014

Follow the Sun


Making your new best life fit in with whatever is happening right now can be a very organic motion. It is as natural as a flower reaching it's head toward the morning sun - and then following the sun throughout the day until dusk.

Your conscious intention is the sunlight to which you will naturally turn once you begin to regularly adjust your attention to it.

No I cannot say I have mastered this in my own life, but I know for sure - this is how it works! But knowing how it works is not enough. You have to be willing to be uncomfortable.

I am uncomfortable right now because of the increasing distance between the "emerging me" and the intense grief that still comes to visit - but not stay. In these moments, even though I am told this condition is very natural, I can still judge myself harshly. Stretching beyond what is familiar is inherently an uncomfortable thing. But as I find that place, the sweet spot, where new ideas attach to and effect old behaviors my life has begun to blossom with ease.

It helps too if I can be as FORGIVING as I am attentive. In this real life game of Chutes & Ladders we all move forward because we must. And we all slide backwards because we do - you know we do! ACCEPTANCE of ourselves, and others, as we slide down the chute (again) is the loving choice. 

We can do this because we know the sun will rise again and we will get another chance to follow it!

Wanna play?

Tag You're It!





No comments:

Post a Comment