Saturday, April 26, 2014

Permission


A few synonyms for permission are: authorization, consent, leave, authority, sanction, license, dispensation, assent, acquiescence, agreement, seal/stamp of approval, blessing, clearance, allowance & empowerment.

Who gives us permission?  I have come to realize I have the power to give myself permission. Permission to love. Permission to heal. Permission to feel ALL the feelings that arise, not just the good ones. I know when I assent to this I burn off those parts of myself that hold me down. I also give myself permission to focus on those things that make me come alive so I can fly higher than I have ever flown before. Even if I do not know how...I allow it! 

Where can we go to get permission? I go to the dreams of my best life to get permission. I want so much to feel joy and have meaningful relationships. I give myself permission to feel and have all that I desire.

Why do so many of us feel we need permission? In the past I needed external approval to wash away the voice in my head that tells me I cannot have that, I do not deserve this, I am not worthy.

Now, and from this day forward, I give my permission to claim that which has always been *unbelievably* mine - a life filled with love and happiness. This is an internal thing. It is part of my foundation from which all other choices can be made and which supports my core of peace.

So it seems permission is very important. It allows so many things too manifest. 

What are your permissions? And if this is too tough a question. Here is an easier one. 

What will you no longer allow?

Tag You're It!


No comments:

Post a Comment