Wednesday, February 12, 2014

A Messy Life





My life has made (and is making) a transition as we speak from orderly to NOT. And I am becoming accustomed to it somehow. Through grief I have warmed to uncertainty. Is this why folks want religion - to acquaint themselves with the roiling of life? And to make friends with it?

I recall letting things & circumstances happen in my youth to which I merely reacted. In this way I was carried along a path that brought me to this moment. With no overarching belief system in place I managed just fine.

Now I stretch and anguish to know how to get back to the ease of that way of living, but with an awareness about it. An awareness that allows more depth and communion with myself and others. Perhaps I am on my way there by not only recognizing the value of a non-linear messy miraculous life...but agreeing to allow myself to sink my teeth into it?


What do we have to lose by "going for it?"

Tag You're It!

No comments:

Post a Comment