Friday, June 10, 2016

Florence, Italy


"...keep your mind and heart open. Growth occurs most readily when you are willing to RECEIVE." ~ Vedic text

I am all packed up! Been saying 
good-bye to Florence all day!

"The Duomo" Photographed lovingly at dawn.

Tomorrow I begin the Pisa portion of this potential adventure! I spent 5 hours in the Uffizi today! It was a magical time. 


This is a mythical character painting entitled, "Fortune." Oil on wooden panel cir. 1504 by Giovanni de Lorenzo Larciani. "Depicted is Fortune being lead across the sea by a dolphin, a symbol of rapidity and instability, while clutching a sail unfurling in the wind, an allusion to the voluble and uncertain nature of her path." Ain't she wild? Just one of the hundreds of treasures I discovered at this world class museum.

Sending everyone love from across the pond...

Lani (de Lorenzo) Chaves

PS - Today would have been my 16th wedding anniversary. Was a lovely way to celebrate! 

No comments:

Post a Comment