Thursday, December 24, 2015

Unpack Your Love


"I believe we are all held safely by Love."

"Unpack your Love" is what came through the meditations. "Unpack it. Open it. See into all it's light and shadow.  Inspect all that is included in your thinking about Love." 

My Love includes Attraction, Sex, Parenting, Kindness, Hurt, Compassion, Self-Loathing, Abandonment, Attachment and Detachment, Unconditional Trust, Grief, Joy and sushi! I guess this is NOT a carry-on bag?

I had only experienced Love like an ON/OFF switch. I loved my husband and he loved me. That was it! But I never knew how much Love could grow, that Love takes many forms, and that Love can show up in many different ways. Then Life and Death circumstances showed up and taught me more about Love. 

Experiencing my husband's complete surrender to an illness and his complete trust in me to care for him changed me. I saw how friends, new and old, supported us. In this way we have all been changed. And when Mike died I came to know him in another way. This changed me too. 

It was the hardest work I have ever done, but he and all my friends helped me to live again. Slowly I have come back from Hell. Slowly I have gotten to really know my authentic self. And it is Love in all these many forms that has shown me the way. 

Love begets more of itself; I have seen this. And I have experienced how Love surrounds and dwells inside all things. And through all of this I have felt Love get bigger and bigger and bigger. And it makes me wonder, "Just how big can Love get?"

To some this may sound cliche and simplistic. To others it may seem impossible. But Love grows exponentially when you nuture it. This is my Truth and to this day this Truth undergirds all my doings.

My own path is still uncertain, the details on how to make my dreams come true are fuzzy, but the clarity of how Love serves to guide my way is crystal clear. To this I am completely reverent. 

Gary Zukav, author of Seat of the Soul says, "Reverence is engaging in a form and a depth of contact with Life that is well beyond the shell of form and into essence."

I believe holding reverance for Love has caused me to look for Love in every circumstance. And in doing so Love teaches me to listen for it's lesson. This reverence for Love, in all it's forms, involves caring for my own well being first... and from this creates a great compassion for everyone else. This way instead of being ruled by or resistant to life's happenings I am moved forward by Love's immense power. Love has shown up in many forms for me over and over like this. In this way I have moved mountains.

I can move these mountains because Love has shown me they do not exist. 


What resides inside your ideas of Love?

Tag You're It!

2 comments:

  1. Some thoughts on love:
    It is difficult to use words to describe what love is. It is more than a feeling. Love is action. What is love if it cannot be shared? Love is like a universal river, it flows everywhere unimpeded by our attempts to understand it. Love is acceptance, without judgement. It is all there is, nothing less. Love is God and God is Love. Love is the basis for life. Without love we perish. Love is respect and honesty. Love is the stolen kiss between two lovers and it is the tears cried when a close one passes. Love is the smile of a baby and the laugh of the elder. It pulls us from the depth of despair and propels us toward the ecstasies of life.
    Where is love? Why do we spend our lives searching for love? We need not search. Love is here, it is in the air, the earth, the water, and the light. By giving love we receive love. When we give love, we create love. Love is you and me. Look in the mirror, that’s love…that’s us. We were created in the image and likeness of God, who is Love. How then could we be anything less than love?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for describing the energy of Love in your own words.

    ReplyDelete