Monday, June 16, 2014

Father's Day or Listen Up!



Although I did not speak with my dad this Father's Day, the day itself was filled with great experiences. I unexpectedly joined in on a terrific workshop called 'Your Spiritual Tool Kit'. Then I enjoyed an impromptu lunch with a friend at my home where we fixed up scrambled eggs with feta, smokey hash browns with andouille sausage & a side salad of oranges and peaches.  Just happened to have HB left over from house guest visit and those peaches really needed to get eaten!

A scheduled meditation class took me to lovely downtown Apex in the early evening. Apex is much like my own drowsy little downtown 'cept even more quainter with its brightly colored awnings and new restaurants behind old store fronts. 

The day finished up with me babysitting for some friends so 'mommy' could take 'daddy' on a date. As I left my friend's  home I was filled with so much love for my friends, their two children and the world.

Driving home I took stock of the day. I felt so much Gratitude. Gratitude I was able to give a tiny gift of a night out, Gratitude for an illuminating workshop and Gratitude for the fun lunch with a friend. How had all this come about?

Seems my life has been moving away from goal-setting toward just allowing things to unfold. This wonderful day is proof as it was less planned and more just lived. I showed up, was present for it and there it was!  

This is so-not-how-things are supposed to work. In the material world in which I grew up we were supposed to set goals and work hard to achieve them! Things were concrete and scheduled and arranged to make sure everything went according to plan. Well what are my goals? I just don't have any right now. Is this OK? Am I being lazy or careless? I need to get busy...don't I? 

I have been living these questions for the last couple of days. 

Then some answers just showed up for me this am. Funny how that happens? The following amazing words inspire me - with greater depth and breadth than I can express - to stay with my present path. They give me permission to "just allow" some more. They are encoded below. Just click on them and they will be revealed!

How curious are you about living a new paradigm?


Tag You're It!

No comments:

Post a Comment